Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make object layer current. "command only valid in model space"

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
PJABS
1833 Views, 14 Replies

make object layer current. "command only valid in model space"

2006 lt software allowed me to click on an object, then click on make object layer current in both model and paper space.

2011 software allows me to do this in model space only, when i try in paperspace i get message in command line saying "command only valid in model space"

any solutions would be appreciated bearing in mind that sadly i am an old git non techie type can just about find the on button and need step by step instructions.

many thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: PJABS

What exact command name are you invoking/using? And what are you clicking on exactly?

Message 3 of 15
rick

I am having the same problem after upgrading from LT 2008 to LT 2013.  Does anyone know a method to use this command/button in layout tabs?

thanks

Message 4 of 15
Charles_Shade
in reply to: rick

Is the Entity drawn in Modelspace or Paperspace?

Works here without issue when clicking on an Entity in Modelspace and if an Entity is Drawn in Paperspace the Command will change this Entities Layer to Current.

In Paperspace the Viewport would need to be Active to set an Entity Layer to Current.

Message 5 of 15
rick
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I'm having tis problem in paper space (layout tabs).  When I highlight an object on a particular layer, then press the button to make the highlighted layer the current layer nothing happens.

thanks

Message 6 of 15
Charles_Shade

PICKFIRST Variable.

What is it set to?

Message 7 of 15
rick

PICKFIRST is set to 1

Message 8 of 15
Charles_Shade

Try LAYCUR from the Command line and then pick the entity.

And post your drawing or a piece of it if you can.

Message 9 of 15
rick

the LAYCUR command works and will make whatever I pick change to the current layer.

Message 10 of 15
Charles_Shade

As was asked early on - What Command or how were you trying to do this when it did not work?

Message 11 of 15
pendean

Did you use the "migration" tool you installed LT2013?

Message 12 of 15
rick
in reply to: pendean

yes, the migration tool automatically brought in my buttons, etc. from LT 2008
Message 13 of 15
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Message 14 of 15
rick

When I try to use the "MAKE OBJECT'S LAYER CURRENT" command icon in a layout tab, nothing happens and I get the following message at the command line ** Command only valid in Model space **
Message 15 of 15
pendean

Migration is a lousy tool: you will need to restore the new seat back then manually transfer any buttons or customizations if you have then backed up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost