Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting jpeg into autocad?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hippogriff
7004 Views, 4 Replies

inserting jpeg into autocad?

Good day,

I was wondering if I could insert a jpeg file into autocad?

Instead of creating a logo for a titleblock in autocad, I thought that I could create the logo in photoshop and then insert it into autocad. Is this possible?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chisel
in reply to: hippogriff

Only if you get somene with full Autocad to do the initial attaching. However I personally avoid using image logo's as they tend to slow opening of the file. Plus the file size is substantially bigger than using acad entities.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Copy/Paste between both open applications, then post back when you have
plotting quality issues and we can try a few other things before you decide
to go back to drawing it all in cad 🙂

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 4 of 5
cyashowitz

I created a template file and inserted a jpeg file of the companys logo. Haven't had any problems. I just wish they had the radster image in LT becasue I work with wood products for moulding and the curves are basically trial by fire. So far haven't had any major problems but it adds to the time taken to do the arc's by guessing or by using points of an edge. They should have included it with the LT version. It's a must.
Message 5 of 5
RonaldK

Could try a bitmap to vector utility, such as comes with Corel Draw. I use this all the time when base info drawings come to me on paper instead of ACAD file. I scan the drawing, use the bitmap/vector conversion, save to dwf, and bring to ACAD to polish. Then I can trace the image quickly.

I think a similar approach may work for you.

Regards,
Ron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost