Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hatch crashes AutoCAD LT

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
arailAC
641 Views, 6 Replies

hatch crashes AutoCAD LT

I have a large AutoCAD LT file that, starting today, crashes whenever I select a particular hatch shape.

I've worked in this file before, it's a client file that changes and updates over time so it's an important file and it would be impossible to recreate.

I can select other hatches on the same layer, even the hatch right next to this hatch, with no problem but the moment I click on this hatch - dead in the water. I get the little spinning circle and I wait and I wait, and finally I force close the program. I can copy the geometry including the hatch by doing a region select and after repositioning the geometry I can select the new hatch as normal. But I can't select the original, delete it, or do anything to it without crashing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sthompson1021
in reply to: arailAC

Have you tried an audit on the file?

Message 3 of 7
arailAC
in reply to: sthompson1021

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I audited and AutoCAD found and fixed 2 errors but the problem persists. I can still work in the file. I put a big red circle around the offending area after I copied the geometry to a new location but it bothers me to have this corrupted part of a drawing staring at me.

Message 4 of 7
sthompson1021

You could try doing a write block of the entire dwg and see if it's fixed in the new file.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Are you selecting an outline (usually trouble-free), or as you asking AutoCAD to find the outline for you by clicking inside the area (always troublesome in big files with lots of irrelevant layers thawed for no reason)?

Hint: there are two solutions in my question.
Message 6 of 7
braudpat

Hello

You are speaking about large DWG, so ...

Of course, you have audited (YES) and purged the DWG ?

Q1) Which size your DWG File ?

Q2) Which ACAD LT are running ?

Q3) 32 or 64 bits ? on which Windows ?

Q4) How much Ram in Gb on your PC ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
arailAC

Thanks for all the replies.

It was an informative thread for me.

I learned several things - about thawing layers, selecting outlines and using audit.

As it turned out - I opened the file on my home computer and successfully selected the hatch and deleted it. Maybe I'll never know.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost