Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global annotation scale?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
arailAC
629 Views, 2 Replies

global annotation scale?

In Rhino you can set a model size for all annotations (dimensions, text, hatches, etc.) and a layout size. These are global - in other words, no matter what scale your viewport is, the annotaton reads the same even if you're zoomed in or out at no particular scale. I'd like my annotations (text, in this case) to read at about 3/16" on my screen in model space, no matter where I am and at 3/32" in layouts no matter what scale I'm printing at. Is there a way to do that in AutoCAD without selecting each scale individually?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: arailAC

3/16" on screen, and 3/32" in a print? how does that work?

Also, no glaobal settings for those in AutoCAD, these are a by drawing/by layout setting.

Assuming there is a typo or I misunderstood... Annotative Text, dimstyles, Mleaders etc., you set the annotative scale on modelspace to 3/16", and in each of your viewports in each of your layouts to 3/32". per file.

BTW: 3/16" is double 3/32".
Message 3 of 3
arailAC
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply.

So, no global setting.

Yes, those are the figures I use. I find 3/32" to be about right for body text on my prints but I set a different size for text on my computer screen (for what's comfortable to my eyes while working)

I know how to do this in AC LT, I was just hoping there was a one click solution that I couldn't find.

Have a good day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost