Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get error message when converting to pdf

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
yvehopen
209 Views, 3 Replies

get error message when converting to pdf

When i try to convert my .dwg to a pdf on my laptop (second computer) i get an error message that the drawing might be password protected.  help. it happens on all my autocad drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: yvehopen

is the laptop accessing the server files remotely?

LT version?

PDF driver?

Message 3 of 4
yvehopen
in reply to: pendean

Hi, thanks for responding. I drew one of the plans on the laptop, others I experimented with I copied onto my laptop from a cd. They were originally drawn on my PC. Both ways I got the same error message. When I originally looked into this, another autodesk guy looked into my serial number and noted that I had installed the autocad (autocad lt 2012) program twice on my PC (I did mistakenly do this) He thought this might have something to do with the problem. I'm using adobe acrobat. Thanks for your help. Yve -- Yve Hopen, AIA 247 Navesink River Road Red Bank, NJ 07701 (732)687-3378
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: yvehopen

>>>... I copied onto my laptop from a cd...<<<
Files on CDs are, by nature of the CD product, locked (read-only): usually files copied from a CD remain locked (read-only). That may be a contributing factor.

LT2012 has it's own PDF driver built in and on the PLOT dialog pop-up (unless you deleted it), use it and see if the original issue still exists.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost