Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get a list of all blocks used

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
5243 Views, 8 Replies

get a list of all blocks used

hi i am using autocad LT 2010 and i need to get a list of all the name of the blocks used and the quantities of them from a drawing. I cannot used Bcount, eattext as they just return an uknown command,

Also i dont want to use qselect as i have about mutlples of 40 different blocks and i dont want to be qselecting 40 times.

Can anyone please help in any sort.

Many thanks for any solution.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Came from a Full version of CAD did ya?

The Command in LT is ATTEXT.

Though this is likely to be limited in scope to what you may be used to.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

yes i only ever used the full version briefly now am using LT for a project and i will be needing it for next 6 months and i really need this command to work perfectly.

So is there any way the output file can be in excel/csv,  and am not really sure how the template file works, am trying;

BL:Name

BL: NUMBER

I dont really understand what the next bit Cwww000 works? Can someone please elaborate it for me.

I would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Message 4 of 9
Charles_Shade

Attribute Extraction

The end string, Cwww000, is the way the Output file knows what to do with the info.

From the link:

C = Character

www = Total width of Field

000 = place holder

There is a lot more to read in Help.

Work through the exercise and post when you get stuck.

The Temlate File does not need the BL:NAME etc. portion just the end string info.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

right ok i've tried making the template with just the end sting info but all i get is invalid field specification.

i only need two column the block name the quantites next to it?

So i just been putting:

c008000
nwww000

I dont think it is elaborated very well the format it should be in in the help,, can you please help??

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
Charles_Shade

The attached is one that I use to get square foot information from a Block with the Corresponding Attributes from my plan.

BASEMENT, BONUS, etc. is the Tag assigned to the Attrib in the block.

You also need to assign information to the placeholders that you have. Much as you have started.

The bottom of the list: BATH returns a number with up to seven characters and to one decimal place.

From this I can get 2.5 baths from the Block and not just 2 or 3 depending on rounding

Message 7 of 9
GG_Dynatec

Charles,

I am looking for the same thing. After creating a drawing with multiple blocks, I need to know which ones I used, and how many times each of them. (I use LT 2012)

My library has probably more than 1000 blocks, and in a given drawing I can use just a few of them or several dozens, and several times each one. Some of the blocks don't have attributes, only static text.

At his moment I don't need to extract any text that was typed in the attributes, only to know which blocks I used, and how many of each.

The ATTEXT command only works when there are attributes in the blocks and not for blocks without attributes. Is it there a way to get such a list with LT? I really wouldn’tt like to use the selectsimilar command for each block that I want to analize.

Even If I was able to get a text file with the name of each block repeated several times in the text file, I could run a macro in excel and summarize all of them.

I hope you can help me.

Genaro

Message 8 of 9
GG_Dynatec
in reply to: GG_Dynatec

I believe I found a way.

By assigning the part number in an invisible and constant attribute, it is not displayed (provided that variable ATTDISP is set to Normal.

The template file will have only the part number, so the result file will give me a list of all the part numbes for individual blocks, one by one.

The next step  will be to open the file with Excel and use macros to consolidate all the repeated values.

I only need an excel file with quantities and part numbers for importation into my purchasing system. Other people may wnat to create an actual BOM in Excel, which is doable with formulas.

The down side, is that I need to modiffy every single one of my blocks to make that happen.

If you know an easier way to get a list of the blocks used as described in my previous post, it would be appreciated.

Message 9 of 9
steven-g
in reply to: GG_Dynatec

If you are happy creating macros in excel, just select all the blocks in the drawing, use the command LIST in autocad then copy the results from your command history into excel and copy out every (14th ?) line, sort the remaining list and count up the results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost