Contributor
hgf_21_xy
Message 1 of 3 (222 Views)
Accepted Solution

first point of mirror line

222 Views, 2 Replies
01-31-2013 11:26 PM

Hi guys,

I met a problem in the half way of mirroring an object, cause I found out that a wrong point has been selected as the first point of mirror line. So in this case, if I cancel the command and re-do MIRROR again, I have to select the target object again.

Just want to know is there a way that the first point of mirror line can be re-selected without deselecting the target object?

Appreciate your replies.

-Ken

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 3 (211 Views)

Re: first point of mirror line

02-01-2013 04:32 AM in reply to: hgf_21_xy

Assuming PICKFIRST is set to 1 and you are not just deselecting the Entities and not know why...

When you end the MIRROR Command with Escape you will lose the first point that was selected.

When you invoke the second instance of MIRROR Command just use P for Previous to get the same selection set.

Then pick the proper point for the Mirror.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Contributor
hgf_21_xy
Message 3 of 3 (185 Views)

Re: first point of mirror line

02-03-2013 07:28 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the help!

The command PREVIOUS solved the problem successfully by doing the 2nd MIRROR. This could help me a lot when mirroring a object among crowded entities in a drawing.

-Ken

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community