Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic block grip

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Imui
597 Views, 6 Replies

dynamic block grip

Hello,

The grip that points to the left does not move with the other altho it should.

Any ideas..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Imui

Hi.

The reason the left grip doesn't move is because your not moving the parameter, only stretching it to the right, if you would stretch it to the left it would move.

In order to move the left grip you would have to move the entire parameter which would cause problem between the actions and the parameters.

But I can't seem to understand why you'd need that grip anyways?

Unless you want to stretch it both ways, but then you would also need actions for it.

I've attached an updated version on the block with a few suggestions, compare it to the old one and see how you like it.

I basically just removed a grip and relocated the parameter and set an increment on the array to 1.00...

Happy cadding!

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 7
Imui
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Hi

Thanks foe the quick reply

This could be acomplished without linear parameter1 and increment, only with array

the reason i nead both is that this is to be used as hatch for witch i can adjust the last segment(like attach.)

Message 4 of 7
Imui

forgot to mention that if i ad the parameter and the grip to the stretch action it stretches the last segment when i stretch the block.

using 2011 LT

Message 5 of 7
AcadAdamLT

Hi again.

Your right, realized now that I didn't think the block through, tho I still have a hard time understanding that last segment.

Anyways, I've fixed so that the left grip follows, it was not included in the stretch action andf also it was chained.

Unchained and included now, see if this is as you want it...

I'm pretty sure that last segment is wrong but I really don't understand how it is supposed to work.

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 7
Imui
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

succsess

Thank's, should have realised the chaining action

The last segment is there so that the 'hatch' ends exaclty at the right lenght without any gaps and has the right shape

Message 7 of 7
AcadAdamLT

Ahh.. 😛

Now I get it, glad I could help.

AutoCad LT 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost