Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom menu from older version of lt to 2013 lt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevms
247 Views, 3 Replies

custom menu from older version of lt to 2013 lt

Hello All

my current employer  has an "older version" of a menu that everyone uses that was created in lt2004. if memory serves, this was prior to the cui interface. i am wondering is there a way to import the menu for lt 2013. I have tried the "menuload" command but the custom menu does not appear. i have also tried using the cui interface to transfer the menu over into the autocad default but it still does not show up. I was also wondering if there was a way to create a new tab on the ribbon for this "custom" menu. I think i am missing a step here.

Does anyone have any suggestions/comments.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kevms

CUI command in LT2013 has a TRANSFER tab: open the old AutoCAD-base menu file on the right-side, your current menu is on the left side.
Drag/Drop between them whatever you want to bring over.

So what does "doesn't show up" mean exactly? What was it you copied over and where did you put it? Explain.

CUI command will also let you create a new TAB if that's what you want: click on the RIBBON section, TAB is where you create it, and PANELS is where you create the panels.
Here is a five-part well developed free introduction to the CUI command: http://www.cad-notes.com/5-autocad-customization-cui-tutorial/ and dozens of videos on YouTube like this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Sj6e8czmU
Message 3 of 4
kevms
in reply to: pendean

I was able to transfer the menu over as I indicated before but silly me forgot to turn on the menu tab and voila it appears. i had to play around with the menu to get my slide library back but for now everything seems to be working okay for now.

Kevin
Using Revit Structure 2012, 2013, 2014
I think I am getting the hang of this revit stuff
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kevms

Don't forget to actively save your current workspace: WSSAVE command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost