Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating dxf library

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
243 Views, 2 Replies

creating dxf library

I have a library of more than 30 dxf file details. On screen they are 2.5 x 2.5. I add one to two a day sometimes more on several jobs. I also have to keep a single page print out of all details I have. Adding these to a DWG drawing can be quite cumbersome when I'm creating several a day. Is there any sore of batch I can I run to pick each Dxf file in the folder and place them in the dwg file equally spaced in some sort of order?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not with LT alone.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Started a new drawing and insert all of the blocks you want to use into this drawing. You can line them up in the order you want. Then save this drawing as a file called ALLBLOCKS.dwg When you are working on your drawing and want to add these blocks, then insert this ALLBLOCK.dwg into your drawing.
All of the blocks will be available for you to use.

I work with a lot of construction drawings that are created by architectural and engineering firms. It would take too long for me to learn their block names and methods. So my ALLBLOCK.dwg consists of over 100 blocks, several layers with my description name, dimension styles, font styles and all of the things I am wanting to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost