Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy with basepoint not working, ctrl+1 hangs up the pc

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
lonelysn
3878 Views, 11 Replies

copy with basepoint not working, ctrl+1 hangs up the pc

Guys really in a problem to fix this issues since two weeks,
I am using 2013 Lt version, windows 7, 12GB Ram,
Graphic card 1.51GB,
Even though when i open some drawings and go for vewing the properties of the objects my pc hangs up as well as when i copy some object with basepoint to another drawing it pastes some weired objects, along with that my cursor sticks to texts and the dimensions and leaves after 5 sec.
Please help me. Really in a problem
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: lonelysn

If it started two weeks ago, what changed on your system? Something did. Windows System Restore back to a month it all worked may be a quick fix.

File Content, source, and what you are trying to copy/paste or select for Properties are factors in slowness: you provide no such info or a DWG sample.

Does this happen in ALL files? Even if you start a new file and draw a few objects? Or is it limited to "some drawings" are you hinted at?

Also, which buttons do you have turned on in LT's lower left corner?
Message 3 of 12
lonelysn

Thanks for the reply sir,
I didnt made any change in the cad or in the pc, i just came to a my pc which was given by my company.
And there are my colleges also facing the same problem.
I am copying normal texts, blocks, etc
Dimensions.
There are certain files which is giving us problem
Even if i insert that file to a new dwg as an xref afyer some time same issue..

My buttons on the left corners
Osnap - ortho/polar- polar trak
Thats it..

My anotation scale is 1:100, hardware acc is on .
Message 4 of 12
pendean

You all need to fix these certain files then: AUDIT, RECOVER and WBLOCK are good places to start. It sometimes help to EXPORT files to DXF format, then bring them back as new DWG files. See if these help.

it's only a program issue if it happens to ALL files ALL the time, not sometimes sadly 😞
Message 5 of 12
lonelysn

Dear sir,
Audit, purge, recover, wblock all done no use.
But when i export it to DXF format it hangs the cad (Autocad LT 2013 not responding)
Then i have close through task manager and close it by force.
What will be the issue.
With the configration or with software
Graphic card is of 1.5 gb
Confused and annoyed:'(
Message 6 of 12
pendean

hangs? DXF output is very very slow, perhaps you just need to give it more time. A lot of time. Try again?
Message 7 of 12
lonelysn

Sir no use i kept my pc for the whole day but the cad is shutting done automaticaly, dont kw why, please any other solution.if u can give me ur mail id i can send it to u the file or if u dont like to give ur mail id in public then plz send me an test mail lonelysn@gmail.com
Expecting a mail from u... :'(
Message 8 of 12
colton.determan

Any update on this I am experiencing the same issue.

Message 9 of 12

Ok, how about this... I copy with base point in drawing A and try to paste it in drawing B nothing. then i try to paste drawing A's stuff in a new drawing and it works. so I made it into a block and pasted that block from thad drawing into Drawing B and it worked???
Message 10 of 12
lonelysn

i have found the solution for this issuse the drawing which i was working in was made in microstation and converted in to autocad so there were n' num of line types were added so i searched and found a comand Dgnpurge
you have to do is
netload<
search the file name dgnlspurge<
dgnlspurge<
then
aectoacad or -exporttoautocad

you might me thinking that normal putmrge could work but no it will hang up your PC..trythis..it works..😊

Message 11 of 12
pendean

LT2014 and lower, where you are posting, can't do the "fix" with Netload. Look around here for a DXF round trip as a fix.
LT 2015 claims to remove DGN linetype with its updated PURGE command.
Message 12 of 12
colton.determan
in reply to: pendean

I figured out what my problem was... I cleaned out my "temp" file then restarted and it started to work again. I had over 7GB that I deleted! must have been too much muddy water to sort through.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost