Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circuitb.ttf font not showing up

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jserink
415 Views, 4 Replies

circuitb.ttf font not showing up

Hi All;

I have a ttf font called circuitb.ttf. I have used it in drawings on my ACadLT2002 on Windows XP SP3 and it works fine putting electical symbols in as text when I need them on lables fixed to equipment.

I have installed the curcuitb.ttf on my windows7 x64 machine but the same drawings opened up in LT2012 shows a W. i try and repaste in the ground symbol (which the character map says is latin W0 and it comes in as W.

how do I make it show as the symbol its suppose to be?

Pulling my hair out AGAIN with 2012.

Cheers,

john

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jserink

Was this the same Font file from the XP machine or did you find a new one to add to the Win 7 machine?

Is the Textstyle the same across the upgrade?

Message 3 of 5
jserink
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hi Charles:

Yes, same font file.

As far as I can tell, the Textstyle is the same.

It was not an upgrade. My old 2002 is on XP -SP3, the new 2012 is on Win7 x64 which is why I could not migrate my old settings.

Cheers,

john

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

Well maybe not an Upgrade in the sense you had to buy a full seat but it is an Upgrade from the previuos version. Yes, I'm parsing.

Does the character set look correct and it is just giving different symbols where you expect a certain output?

I would wonder if the Windows Font Folder is on the Support File path for CAD.

TEXTSTYLE from the Command line and check the Text Style you are using and make sure it has that TTF Font assigned to it.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

You changed two things: LT versions and Windows versions.

So, in LT2002, how did you type the "symbols" you wanted using that font? And in LT2012?

How or where did you install the font in Win7? What language in Win7 set to? XP?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost