Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breakline tool

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Irish2
5997 Views, 6 Replies

breakline tool

I am considering upgrading to autocad 2011 LT from 2000i. I am very impressed with what I see and have much to learn! Just wondering if there is a breakline tool. With my 2000i it is a part of the express tools and I use it a lot! Is there anything else I should focus on looking at prior to deciding? I do have the 30 day trial going on right now. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Irish2

There is no such built-in tool: but why limit yourself you a 10-year old unsu\pported tool when recreating as a dynamic block is probably a lot easier to do.

Dynamic Blocks discussion area is worth browsing or posting to seek help creating one, if no one here jumps in to share theirs:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/bd-p/154

Message 3 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Splash!

(Just what I use, there are a few others over in the Dynamic Forum. Search Breakline)

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 7
Irish2

Thanks for the link. The reason I have never upgraded is no compelling reason to. V2000i did what I needed. Then, I get a new computer with windows 7 64-bit and I have an issue. V2000i is no longer stable enough to use (once I got it working). I download the 30 day trial of 2011 LT and find that I can set it up pretty much like I want and start seeing all this new stuff, start playing around and find that I really like it. So now, with business being slow, its just a matter of money, but then what's new? Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I am thinking draw a pline in paperspace, for what you wish the plotted breakline to look like; then make it into an annotative block. Then use BE to make it dynamic by adding a pair of stretch actions with one grip (one action running the opposite direction), and the insertion point in the middle...

...which is pretty much what Charles did -- liking the rotation option Chuck! 😉

Message 6 of 7
Irish2

OK. So I purchased 2011LT and have much to learn. Especially since I know nothing about dynamic blocks. How do I take your "breakline" dwg and put into my directory (and which one)? Yes, I have started reading the users guide but hoping for a "quickie" answer here. Also, thank you for sharing!

Message 7 of 7
Charles_Shade

Same place you keep all your other blocks or create a folder just for DynBlk's. You will find that many blocks you currently have will go away...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost