AutoCAD LT General

cvinz
Message 1 of 3 (118 Views)

binding xref crashes drawing

118 Views, 2 Replies
10-03-2008 03:05 PM
when I attempt to bind an xref, a prompt asks me if I really want to do this. If I say (N), it just keeps asking me over and over. If I say (Y), the drawing freezes up and crashes. This also randomly happens with simple commands like stretch, erase, move, etc., except that I can escape out of those commands, although then I'm stuck with the line as it is.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 3 (118 Views)

Re: binding xref crashes drawing

10-04-2008 05:21 AM in reply to: cvinz
LT version?

AUDIT or RECOVER the file you want to bring in and file you are in, SAVE
then try another bind perhaps.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
cvinz
Message 3 of 3 (118 Views)

Re: binding xref crashes drawing

10-06-2008 12:12 PM in reply to: cvinz
Thanks. I'm running AutoCAD 2008 LT. I did AUDIT, and was eventually able to bind, which took 5-10 minutes, so it may have been I was too impatient earlier when the screen froze up. Still having the issues with stretch/move/erase commands with lines on certain layers.
Probably should be a different thread..

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community