Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

architectural tools

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
304 Views, 2 Replies

architectural tools

Do architectural tools exist for LT?  Door and window insertion, wall clean-ups??  Anyone here using such a set of tools?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

No, LT much like plain AutoCAD is not targeted at any one industry: it is a general drafting tool for everyone equally.
You can customize and create your own such tools if you have the will using DLINE command and INSERT command.
There are stock symbols libraries free through TOOLPALETTES and Autodesk Seek, among other Internet websites.
Message 3 of 3
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: pendean

OP, way back in the day I customized my LT to do the things you ask about, so it is possible if you customize your own. If it can be done on the command line, it can be added to a button macro. Just read into it in your help section. If you are brave you can add DIESEL expressions.

For example, I had a button routine that enabled me to align my UCS to a wall, pick the end of that wall, pick which side was "exterior", and then opened up the wall and inserted a window on 16" snap centers repeatedly until I cancelled it.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost