Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding hatch folder to search path causes crash

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CADdaddy.com
431 Views, 6 Replies

adding hatch folder to search path causes crash

Hi there,

I have a client that is running a demo of  AutoCAD LT 2014.  I have configured it for their system and it always crashes immediately when running the MTEXT command.  I finally narrowed it down to a folder that was added to the file search path that contains the custom hatch files.  These files worked fine in AutoCAD Architecture 2008.

I created a new hatch folder for LT 2014 and cautiously added just one pat file to the folder and it worked fine (MTEXT didn't cause a crash).  I added another...still fine.  Then I added all the .pat files less than 100k  (about 100 files) and then it started crashing again.  Why would hatches cause MTEXT to crash?? Especially ones that worked fine in the 2008 version.

We would like to make the whole hatch library available but we don't want to have to add each hatch to the folder individually and then test to see if MTEXT works.  Testing is very slow because you have to restart AutoCAD to find out if the newly added hatches cause the MTEXT problem.  If you just add the pat to the folder without restarting it never triggers the MTEXT issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James LeVieux

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: CADdaddy.com

Based solely on your observations, you need to use your test method with each hatch pattern. Not just a few then all at once.
Message 3 of 7
bob_mpc

To save time with the testing process:

1. Add half of the hatches.

2. Test if the program crashes

3. If it does - then the bad file is within these 50 files. If not - it is with the other 50.

4. Add half of the portion that contains the bad files.

And so on - you can with few tests deal with 100 files (50 - 25 - 13 - 7 - 4 - 2 - 1)

Hope this helps

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
Message 4 of 7
CADdaddy.com
in reply to: bob_mpc

Hi Boris,

That was actually a helpful reply.  But you assume there is only one naughty hatch!  Worth a try anyway to find out.

Thanks,

James

Message 5 of 7
CADdaddy.com

Autodesk sent me an email saying, "Did it solve your problem?  ...view the replies and mark one as an Accepted Solution".

Sorry Autodesk...no "acceptible" solutions yet.  I think this needs a little work on your end.

James

Message 6 of 7
pendean

That's an automated email that goes out to everyone that posts anything around here.
If you want Autodesk, find the CONTACT US link found at the bottom of most if their webpages and do so.
Message 7 of 7
bob_mpc

Sorry to hear.

Did you find the bad file? Or are there several of them? 

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost