Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z in 2D

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
connmicro
403 Views, 5 Replies

Z in 2D

AutoCad LT2003 I work in  2D wire form. When I cut and past elements together Z can be anywhere. It becomes a problem trimming , chamfering etc. Is there any way to flatten the drawing so that Z is always zero?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: connmicro

Copy and paste the following into the command line

C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
rsingley
in reply to: hwalker

C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

I have copied an pasted every copy of this macro I have found on all sorts of blogs, etc, etc. into the command line to no avail.  Using AutoCAD LT 2013.   Basically says " unkown command...press F1 for help..."   Is there any new update?    

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: rsingley

I would not recommend doing that at all.

The macro is incomplete:
^C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

You're better off copy/paste the above macro into a coded line entry in CUI assigned to a button or menu pulldown selection.

Here is how to do that: http://www.cad-notes.com/exploring-autocad-cui-creating-a-command-part-2/

Now you will always have it. permanently.

If you only want to type at the commandline, then do it like this:

_move

_all

0,0,1e99

_move;

p

0,0,-1e99

Done.

Message 5 of 6
rsingley
in reply to: pendean

that is genius, thank you !!   Now the suspect arc lines have dissappeared from the viewport.  I zoom extents, and everything that is left turns to points, even with a regen.   Any additional help with this basic discription?  

Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: connmicro

Then your file has more issues than your initial self diagnosis.
Do it the hard way: roll back your file (or dig up a backup), start PROPERTIES palette's Z settings for each object type.
Or post it here for review.

Only full AutoCAD, not LT, is designed for true automation to fix such items on the fly. LT requires manual labor and half-baked workarounds. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost