Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF will not display in new drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ibewsparky55
523 Views, 7 Replies

XREF will not display in new drawing

Hi,

Hopefully this is something simple. I have a DWG drawing that won't display in model space when I XREF it in. I've checked the layers and all of that XREF drawings layers are listed, turned on and thawed. I'm trying to XREF this into a new drawing using the aclt template. Does anyone know what may be causing this not to display? I've attached the file so maybe that will help. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Monty Robison
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ibewsparky55

Zoom>Extents perhaps.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 8
ibewsparky55

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried zoom extents, zoom all, etc. Have you looked at the file? Any other suggestions or thoughts? It's strange because the drawing opens just fine.

Monty Robison

P.S. - I just discovered that when I open the drawing the model space is empty. Only the paper space displays. Edited by: montyrobison on Nov 3, 2009 5:55 AM
Message 4 of 8
Modman_4

The drawing you posted has no XREF in it.
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Did you look at your posted file? Nothing in it except a titleblock in
paperspace.

Is that your issue, you inserted your titleblock in paperspace OVER the
layout and not inside it?

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 6 of 8
kcsalefty

I think what the OP ment is that's the file he is xref'ing. He needs to place the titleblock lines and text into model space if he wants to xref it into another drawing. Items in paperspace are not displayed when a drawing is xref'ed.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

That must be it, thanks.

You cannot XREF layout content, only modelspace content.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 8 of 8
ibewsparky55

kcsalefty,

Thanks for your reply. You pretty much nailed it. I'm not sure how, but when I saved the file as a DWG there was nothing in the model space. I'm trying to remember what I did. Anyway, I was able to copy the contents of paper space and paste them into model space. I then saved the drawing as a DWG, closed the drawing and re-opened it. Now it opens in model space and I can use it as an xref in a new drawing. Thanks again!

Monty Robison

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost