Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XP SP2 and Office 2007

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
aggierichard
248 Views, 6 Replies

XP SP2 and Office 2007

I am having the same problem on two new computers. One just updated to Office 2007 and the other Pre-installed with Office 07. When you DC on the desktop icon or start menu icon, nothing happens. The hour glass turns on for a second and the HD light flashes a time or two, but no program load. Any others having a problem with Office 2007?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dolfyn2000
in reply to: aggierichard

Hi,

I am also having the same problem - I have XP Prof SP3 with Office 2007. Upon successful installation of 2005LT, I can double click on the icon, but nothing happens......... Is there someone that can help or advise???!!!!!!

Thanks

F
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

If you go to the program folder, and double-click on the ACLT.EXE file, does
LT come up?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 4 of 7
rbolte

We are having the same issue but with Office 2003? We have recently installed all the Office patches and are now experiencing the same issue. At the same time we installed the latest Adobe Reader 9.1 and the latest Windows XP patches. We have attempted almost everything we could think of but get the same result. AutoCAD LT 2002 starts for a split second and then simply goes away. No errors, no event log messages, nothing.

-Removed and re-installed
-Removed .NET and reinstalled
-Removed other applications
-Did a system restore to a point previous to the error occuring
-Removed and cleaned the registry of AutoCAD related errors
-Made certain DEP was not the problem by setting up aclt.exe as an exception

The machine doesn't hve anything out of the ordinary installed. Office 2003, Adobe Reader, Adobe Professional, Solid Edge, Symantec EndPoint. That's about it. Does anyone have a reolsution? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Message 5 of 7

Were the registry errors an automatic cleaning? If so you may have removed needed files by mistake.

Symantec products are generally buggy to CAD. Try removing that and see if it helps.

Did you remove and reinstall and try each seperate or just go thru the list you supplied all at once?

What is DEP? I can't find that one.
Message 6 of 7
rbolte

DEP is Microsoft Data Execution Prevention (see the AutoDesk article ID: TS1054738). The registry was cleaned manually so obviously some entries could have been missed. We are in the process of setting up a clean test box with XP Pro SP3. We plan on installing each component in question and test AutoCAD after each install. We already tested installed AutoCAD LT to another system (which had worked in the past) and iut can no longer install/run AutoCAD either. The things that have changed in the last 2 weeks are MS patches were installed (including Office products), Adobe Reader 9.1, and the virus definitions for Symantec. I will let you know how that goes.
Message 7 of 7
rbolte

UPDATE: Turns out the problem IS with Symantec Endpoint 11. We have the "Application and Device Control" policy in place. Recently I activated the "Log files written to USB drives". When this is on, AutoCAD 2002 LT will not start. We can repeat the problem on multiple systems. Spent 3 hours on the phone with Symantec and they are just as baffled. The short-term solution is to deactivate the logging. they are going to begin testing AutoCAD 2002 LT to see what is happening and try to find a fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost