Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wipeout visibility in different Vports

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rossano.nana
1954 Views, 6 Replies

Wipeout visibility in different Vports

Hi all!

Is there anybody knowing about showing/not showing the same wipeout drawin in Model space in different Vports?

I explain better...

I make a wipe out in MODEL SPACE to "clean" behind an annotative text (also switching off the edge), is it possible show this wipe out only in certain Vport with a certain scale without having "holes" in general view of the same drawing in a different Vport in paper Space?

Something like an annotative wipeout. I tryed also creating an annotative block but it's not solve the problem, it keep hidding behind the block.

I hope I've been enough clear with my question.

Unfortunately I didn't find anything neither in the web nor in this forum.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm using AutocadLT2010

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bgingerich
in reply to: rossano.nana

@rossano.nana wrote:

I explain better...

I make a wipe out in MODEL SPACE to "clean" behind an annotative text (also switching off the edge), ...

Are you looking for text MASKING?

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 3 of 7
rossano.nana

That's not really what I mean but it help in other situation... is it possible to use it also on the measure? I didn't find anything on it...

My main "problem" is to hide some details when I zoom in or zoom out in paper space.

Ross

Message 4 of 7
pendean

There is no such thing as an annotative WIPEOUT.
If you want to use Mtext Background masking, or dimstyle masking, that's different. Explore both of these in their respective locations, MTEXT and DIMSTYLE (you can turn them on/off using PPROPERTIES),

But like all entities, if you want it a WIPEOUT object to appear in one viewport but not another, those entities need to be on layers you can freeze separately inside viewports.
Message 5 of 7
rossano.nana
in reply to: pendean

Thanks everybody for the support.

Ross

Message 6 of 7
raymondjou
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

I am still not clear if it is possible to make the same area of the model space visible in one viewport but not in another viewport.

In the attached DWG file, an area of the land base is replicated on which a wipeout is created to hide a portion of that land base in Sheet 1's viewport.  Another wipeout is created to hide an adjacent portion of the original land base in Sheet 2's viewport.

Is there a way to accomplish the above WITHOUT creating a replicated land base?  Thanks for your help.

Raymond Jou

Message 7 of 7
pendean

If you want to show an object in one viewport but hide it in a second viewport, that object needs to be on a layer you can freeze in viewport two.

While inside a viewport start LAYER command to use the VPFreeze column to hide a layer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost