Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What object enabler do I use to use SID files in Autocad LT 2014?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
richardw53149
1552 Views, 6 Replies

What object enabler do I use to use SID files in Autocad LT 2014?

I installed Autocad LT 2014 for one of my windows 7 Users and he has some aerials that he wants to use and they have a SID extension to them. I read other posts talking about using a raster Object Enabler, but there isn't one for 2014.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: richardw53149

Did you just try it in LT2014? Otherwise you need FULL AutoCAd and not LT as it is built-in.
Message 3 of 7
richardw53149
in reply to: pendean

Yeah we tried to open it with no object enablers what so ever, was kinda hoping it would be that simple. When we tried to open the file it just wouldn't recognise it. Am i using the sid incorrectly? if not its as you said, i would need FULL autocad to open that. The user who is using this said he'll just convert the files to jpegs.

Message 4 of 7
erik.raff

You either need Raster Design installed with Autocad LT or regular autocad or Civil3D to insert .SID files. Once the .SID's are inserted, you can open that drawing with LT and be able to see them...you just can't insert with plain LT. Or..as you said, convert the images to to tif/jpg and insert.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

The quickest way I like to test a file compatibility it to drag/drop it from Windows Explorer to an open AutoCAD/LT session. Kind of amazing how AutoCAD/LT seems to know how to handle supported file types.
Message 6 of 7
richardw53149
in reply to: erik.raff

please forgive my igorance, i have not had a whole lot of experice with autocad and its products but when you mention CIVIL3D are we talking about a separate program and not the Object enabler correct?

Message 7 of 7
erik.raff

Correct, Civil 3D is a separate program, same with Raster Design. Object enablers won't help for what you are looking at.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost