Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from LT 2010 to Revit/AutoCAD LT 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rteplow
869 Views, 2 Replies

Upgrade from LT 2010 to Revit/AutoCAD LT 2013

I just purchased the Revit/AutoCAD LT suite and would like to know a couple of things before upgrading from AutoCAD LT 2010. I run it on a 2011 Macbook Pro using Parallels and Windows 7 (still on Snow Leopard and Parallels 6, but planning on upgrading to Mountain Lion/Parallels 8 -- not Windows 8, though).

1. Wondering generally about differences between LT 2010 and 2013. It's hard to find a comparison online since it's mostly 2012 vs. 2013 or LT vs. full version.

2. Have there been any issues with the new Revit LT? I'm usually hesitant to use version 1.0 of anything, but would like to get up to speed with Revit.

3. Is there anything to watch out for as a Mac user using the Windows version. I had hoped to move over to Mac versions of everything, but a) there is no Mac version of Revit and b) there's a bit of a learning curve for the Mac version of AutoCAD LT.

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: rteplow

1. Other than new added commands, not much. There is plenty of info on new commands on the WEB for you to search and read. You might have to do it the hard way 2011-2010, 212-2011, and 2013-2012. Post back if you really cannot find anything.

2. This is the AutoCAD LT forum: ask in the REVIT forum for REVIT/REVIT LT questions.

3. No more than what you are currently experiencing running LT2010 the same way.

Message 3 of 3
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: rteplow

1. Wondering generally about differences between LT 2010 and 2013. It's hard to find a comparison online since it's mostly 2012 vs. 2013 or LT vs. full version. 

Guess you missed this page: http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad-lt/features/

1. Other than new added commands, not much.

Of course not. 🙂

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost