Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit/Dimension issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
341 Views, 6 Replies

Unit/Dimension issue

I installed a second version od AutoCad 2014 LT on my home computer to work during the snow storm.

When I opened the files from work, the unit measurements were off by a huge order of magnitute....(basically squared)

So, for example, the dimension string that I knew was 25'0" was measuring 640'-0"

It is a project being done in Metric, but regardless, the scale was off by a rediculous amount.

Anyone know why my new installation would be off by this much?  and how to fix it?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Not enough information: annotative dimensions?
Do you need to reset CANNOSCALE or he annotative scale?
Did you INSERT the office file into another?

Simply opening a file on an identically set up AutoCAD system will not change anything in the file.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I didn't change anything, and opened the file directly.  No insertions or anything else changed.

It was the first file I opened with the new installation of CAD.

All of the other files associated with the same project did the same thing.

However another file from a separate project did not.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Again, not enough information: can you share a portion of a "bad" file and a "good" file for review?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

They are files for work, so I can't upload anything for confidentiality reasons.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Not even a WBLOCK of small areas that have the problems and no-problems?

Do you have anyone at "work" that can help you out? Without the files, you'll have to wait for guesses, like I still think this a inches vs metric problem since 640/25 is very close to 1inch/1mm=25.4
Message 7 of 7
ScottHodges

Check your units settings, looks like an inches to millimetres automatic scaling. Type in the DWGUNITS command, if you have the civil object enabler installed. It will tell you the actual units AutoCAD believes the drawing is in. We have had this problem on almost every new installation. Check the locality (country) and units setting are correct during installation, rather than blindly hitting enter everytime the installer asks you if these are correct. As Dean said, turn that **** annotative scaling off, unless you can ensure all drawings are set at the correct scale and using the correct units.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost