Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save files, creating .tmp files instead AutoCAD LT 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dan
Contributor
7507 Views, 6 Replies

Unable to save files, creating .tmp files instead AutoCAD LT 2014

I have just recently installed AutoCAD LT 2014 on Windows 7 (Running on an intel iMac through Bootcamp). Ever since then i am receiving notifications when performing a save.

AutoCAD is telling me it cannot perform the save and is creating a .tmp file in the same location on the server as the file should be.

this is causing major performance issues and happens almost every second time I attempt to perform a save. The issue is that we are getting multiple versions of the same file duplicating on the file server which is very quickly going to cause capacity issues considering most files are 2-4mb in size.

Any help would be appreciated.

The file attached shows the message i am receiving each time.

Dan Rontree. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: dan

AutoCAD creates a TMP file, deletes the BAK file, renames the DWG file to BAK, then renames the TMP file to DWG: that's how a SAVE of an existing file works.

Your Server controls all those abilities as allowed with your server log-in credentials or as limited by your server access (faulty network card, you are saving too frequently for your server to finish the first task etc.): there is no way around it inside AutoCAD at all. Contact your network administrator and the two of you monitor actions live together and work out the issues.
Your multiple copies issue may well be related: I suspect your issue will go away if you save to your local PC, correct?
Message 3 of 7
dan
Contributor

Having looked at this with our external IT people, we have overcome the issue by turning off the AutoDesk 360 sync to the cloud function and have not had an issue since.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Thanks for the follow-up, it's much appreciated.
Message 5 of 7
ceethreedee.com
in reply to: pendean

We are also getting this issue. Although we do not have Autodesk 360 Cloud Sync enabled. 

It seems to be only drawing specific? Additionally it does seem to only happen on the network?

I think it is a network issue/Autocad issue.

I changed ISAVEPERCENT to 100 and it worked perfectly. I can keep saving.

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 6 of 7
pendean

If it's file specific, what is unique or different about this file? Right-click on the file', select PROPERTIES and see if it is read only.
Then move it off the server and test.
Message 7 of 7
jzam2014

We were able to find a fix. Reset your settings to default.

Easy fix.

It works good again and no tmp files.

Jeff Zam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost