AutoCAD LT General

Distinguished Contributor
marchitect_nc
Message 1 of 5 (189 Views)

TrueView

189 Views, 4 Replies
11-15-2012 10:57 AM
I posted this at the TrueView forum but its not getting any action so here goes: I downloaded True View. Installed it...but how does one use it? There are no icons to double-click. I restarted LT 2009 and there are no new tabs to select from. I tried to open a drawing created with a newer version and still get the error message saying it was created by a newer version, download True View to view it. Well... I did... but still cannot "see" it. Whats wrong? Acad LT 2009 Win XP I forgot to mention that the installer doesn't work either.
*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 2 of 5 (184 Views)

Re: TrueView

11-15-2012 11:21 AM in reply to: marchitect_nc

True view is a standalone viewer and has nothing to do with AutoCAD other than it allows you to view ACAD DWG files without ACAD and also will convert drawings to a different version.

I am a bit confusd with the last ssentence, though.  If the installer does not work then Trueview is not installed so "... there's yer problem..."

After a successful install you should have a desktop icon that will open Trueview and allow you to browse to a DWG file you want to see. After you open it it should also have options for converting. If you don't get the desktop icon look thru the START > AUTODESK .... etc (don't know the full path) to get to the Trueview selection.

There won't be any launchers inside AutoCAD.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

marchitect_nc
Message 3 of 5 (168 Views)

11-15-2012 02:29 PM in reply to: drjohn
Thanks for the reply. It was strange, The Akami installer goes through all the hoops and says it was installed successfully then nothing. No True View, nothing. I have no clue why it will not install. Oh well, another Control Panel>Add Remove Program>Delete Akami Installer?? Thanks though. m
marchitect_nc
Message 4 of 5 (164 Views)

11-15-2012 02:48 PM in reply to: marchitect_nc
There were a couple of responses on my original post on the other forum. So I'll download the whole thing again and try once more... My apologies for the cross-post Dean. m
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 5 (146 Views)

11-16-2012 04:41 AM in reply to: marchitect_nc
You can bypass the Akami downloader: there are direct links posted in the DTV forum, try a search.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community