Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueView responsable for opening DWG-files with an AutoCAD LT 2013 installation?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
462 Views, 3 Replies

TrueView responsable for opening DWG-files with an AutoCAD LT 2013 installation?

Hello everybody,

we installed on our machines AutoCAD LT 2013 and DesignReview 2013 and after opening a DWG-file, a message occurs.

That message says that I have to install TrueView first to handle with DWG files.

In my opinion, I don't need a TrueView installation when I already installed AutoCAD LT 2013 and DesignReview 2013...?

Does anyone have informations about this problem?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

You should not need Design Review either.

Can you post a sample file?

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you have ADR set to open DWG files in Windows (which it cannot on it's own and always requires a translator program) or are using ADR to open DWG files.

Start LT2013. open a file. Save and close the file. Close LT2013. Now open a DWG any method you are used to doing so: does it still ask you to install DTV?

ADR (Design Review) is for DWF files only, LT and, if you choose to install it, DTV (TrueView) are for DWG and DXF files. ADR alone does not know what to do with DWG/DXF files so it looks for what it is programmed to use to translate the file if you use it to open a DWG/DXF file.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, I gave a wrong information. This error occurs in DesignReview 2013 and now I will open a new topic in the DesignReview Forum.

When you are interested in, just see

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Design-Review/Opening-a-DWG-File-in-DesignReview-not-possible...

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost