Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble shooting Windows 7 and CAD 2007

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aclange
381 Views, 3 Replies

Trouble shooting Windows 7 and CAD 2007

First off, I am a CAD novice. I have very little experience working in and using the program. My business is using 2007 CAD software on newer computors that have Windows 7. We have had to download a driver to make the two compatable. For the most part this has worked. But I have one PC that is continueing to have issues. The drafter is having Fatal Error crashes repeatively on a brand new PC which has the most RAM and processing power of all my computers.
I have one person telling me it's a software issues and Windows 7 and CAD 2007, it will never work together and recommending purchasing the newest version of CAD. However I have other PCs that have windows 7 and CAD 2007 that have no issues, why would it be limited to one PC and is it possible that one user could be using CAD software differently that is causing these crashes?  

From my understanding of CAD, the only thing that would be pulling more demand on the PC would be if we were using the 3D rendering model which we do not. Other than that, the computing and usage is more simply inputing and manipulating data points. Now obviously there are limitations to CAD and PCs by taking a very large CAD file and copying and pasting all the data points, that would push the demand on any PC and that has to be limited. I would expect a new version of CAD would have similar limitations?  

Any input on the issue with Windows 7 and CAD 2007 would be appreciated along with educating myself on the demand that a drafter that can put on a PC that would cause it to crash.

Thank you.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: aclange

Do a search of this forum for windows 7 2007 and it has a ton of threads about it.  You should be able to get it worked out with that help.  Others have.

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: aclange

Some users like you think this is the fix:
www.longbowsoftware.com
Message 4 of 4
jacobwilliamscad
in reply to: pendean

yes, it works - our company is using it.

Jacob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost