Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim, fillet and extend system variables keep changing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dougatwork
1978 Views, 3 Replies

Trim, fillet and extend system variables keep changing

My 2011 AutoCAD LT for Mac just started randomly changing the trim, fillet, and extend variables.  I looked on other posts and learned how to change them back to the default settings.  Since then they keep changing back every few minutes. 

Specifically, the TRIMMODE keeps changing from 0 to 1, and the fillet trim mode keeps changing from TRIM to NOTRIM.  One of those settings seems to make the extend command also not work as expected.  I've been using this AutoCAD install on this particular Mac for over a year.  The only recent change is an upgrade to OS X.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Dougatwork

Unless your full AutoCAD is running some sort of add-on or a badly written customization, it and LT cannot change these variables on their own across two operating platforms.

Find the triggering command or combination, start by eliminating any shortcut abbreviations in both PGP files for both programs that reference these variables.
In full AutoCAD, not LT, you can also UNDEFINE these variables after you have set them the way you want: this should force a badly written customization to choke and then alert you.
Message 3 of 4
Dougatwork

pendean

It's always possible I mistyped a command and then changed some other setting or system variable, as I use almost all keyboard shortcut commands with plenty of mistypes along the way, but the odds of that happening seem small.  

I'm not running any add-ons/customizations for AutoCAD or OS X, all just installed straight form Apple's online store.

More information:  

Turns out the Trimmode and Fillet/Trim-Notrim are toggling back and forth whenever I change the other.  
When I switch the Trimmode from 1 to 0, that changes the Fillet/trim to Notrim, and vice-versa.  Is there some third variable that causes this behavior?

Also, what about a re-install?

Thanks for you reply.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

1st, MAC forum is here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520, you are posting and asking Windows users for help in the LT forum.

2nd, HELP is a good resource to find variables related to commands.

Assuming all things are equal, I have TRIMMODE set to 1, PROJMODE set to 1 and EDGEMODE set to 0 and have no such issued in LT2012, 2013 or 2014 in our offfice. No variabler changes on it'sw own ever, but these are Windows Registry saved settings in Windows, does that apply to the MAC? In Windows I would ask if you are in a limited user account that is locked out of Windows Registry edits or if your Windows Registry needs manual editing... .

Did you try the two suggestions I noted, one applies to both LT and full AutocAD, and the other only applies to AutoCAD (you stated you have and use both programs)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost