Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Contours lost in AutoCAD LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ColleenHazelrigs
2045 Views, 3 Replies

Survey Contours lost in AutoCAD LT

I am viewing a survey file with 3D contours from my surveyor. A few months ago when I first used this file the coutours showed properly. Last week when I opened another survey file I got a question when opening the file that gave me an option to turn something on or off. I did not recognize the terminology and must have chosen the wrong response because now all the contours are gone on both these files and there are boxes everywhere with tiny vertical text on the right side referencing contour lableing.

I have searched Help from my program, online and in this forum without finding a resolution. i have attached screen shots that might clarify what is happening.

Any help to get the cotours and labeling back would be very much appreciated! If you need more information please let me know and i will get it for you.

I am using AutoCAD LT 2013 for all the above experience.

Thank you,

Colleen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: ColleenHazelrigs

Contour lines are not native to vanilla AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT, therefore they're displayed as "proxy graphics.  When loading a drawing that contains these custom objects, AutoCAD prompts what to do with them. It appears you may have chosen the option to not display them, or only display placeholders.

Try  Tools > Options > Open and Save > Proxy images for custom objects > Show proxy graphics  (you may also want to re-check the option to display the Proxy information dialog box)  You may have to regen or close/re-open the drawing for the changes to take affect.

proxyobjects.jpg

Message 3 of 4
ColleenHazelrigs
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you. I looked in this location and that area of my Open and Save dailogue box is blank. I am attaching a screen shot here. Any suggestions? I did a search in autocad help for proxy and was directed to "Object Enablers, go to the Autodesk Web site at http://www.autodesk.com/enablers" but hit a dead end when following the links. Would you suggest I pursue this direction?

Thank you,

Colleen

Message 4 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: ColleenHazelrigs

Sorry for the bad advice,  I did not realize those settings were not in LT.

If you have the PROXYSHOW and PROXYNOTICE variables, try changing them both to 1 from the command line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost