Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some objects are grey

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
877 Views, 8 Replies

Some objects are grey

When I open up my AutoCad LT some of the items are grey, but when I open the same drawing in my regular autocad everything is in their normal colors.  What setting is causing this?  See attached picture.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What are these objects, on a locked layer or on an XREF? find out, then change the display screening setting like the other PC user did.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

It is only my xref's that are turning grey.  And I can not find any setting that causes that.  Anyone know the setting that causes my xref's to turn grey?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

To me, they aren't grey. Just the color intensity of them have been reduced. Type in at the Command prompt: XDWGFADECTL and adjust the value up to the maximum which is 90. That should add some life to the colors. Alternatively you can control this setting from the "Options" dialog box. Open the "Tools" menu at the menubar, then click "Options" at the very bottom of the menu. Now make the "Display" tab active and in the bottom righ corner you should be able to see a group of settings labelled "Fade control". Drag the bar of the "Xref fading" slider all the way to the right.

This setting is saved in the Windows Registry individually on each machine rather than in the drawing, therefore one and the same xref may have a different appearance in terms of color intensity depending what machine the drawing containing it is open on.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks katakni but that didn't change anything.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

So maybe the xref sits on a locked layer what pendean suggested? When you are hovering your cursor over one of those xrefs can you see a small yellow padlock by the cursor?

If the layer is locked try adjusting up LAYLOCKFADECTL.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

It's a user setting, the reason I asked you to better identify what these were: as suggested above, the settings are there for you to change. Hopefully the two give responses give you what you seek, post back if not.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have tried all the settings as suggested above, it is not making a difference.  I have gone through the settings to see if anythign makes a difference and so far nothing is.  

Message 9 of 9
pendean

List which ones you tried in detail (or where you found and click on them if that's easier).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost