Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Layers Properties Manager

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
octavio2
4199 Views, 5 Replies

Slow Layers Properties Manager

I am using AutoCAD LT 2013 where I work.

I am working with a Floor Plan in which the building and the Site Plan are XRefed and the drawing is very slow.

The building is small, but the XREfed Site Plan, being of a large shopping center, was as drawn by a survey company, and is large.  I took out (erased) the solid hatches that indicate the concrete, to make the site a little smaller.  Since I do not use the entire site plan on the recipient Floor Plan Sheet, I clipped it using XClip, so only the necessary areas and parking around the building are shown.

I notice that the recipient drawings are very slow (i.e., the Floor Plan where I am working), and the Layers Properties Manager is the worst offender, being very slow and erratic when I want to add a new layer, change layer name, etc.

The computer is a new very large computer, and I did not have this slowness problem before working with other prjects.

Is there any setting or some settings that will make the drawings faster?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: octavio2

Computer specs.

Where is the XREF stored? Harddrive? Server? Network?

Message 3 of 6
octavio2

the Xref and drawings are stored on the server.

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Could be the originator of the XREF'd plan has content in it the LT has trouble handling.

Is this the first time you have done this or do you work with Civil plans XREF'd in often?

There are a couple OE's listed that may be of help to you.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334440&linkID=9240818

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 6
octavio2

No, I do not work with Civil plans and neither with site plans often, only rarely.

Some time ago, with the old full versions of (older) AutoCADs that I used while working for other companies, there were ways to decrease the regen times or to decrease the regen times of the areas that were not seen on the XRefed drawings, etc.   I forgot what these were or how to set them, since I haven't used these for a while. 

Today, with my new problem, I was wondering if the new AutoCAD LT 2013 has some settings or other ways to decrease the times of the regens, in particular when we have XREFs, and in my situation, increase the speed of the Layers Properties Manager also, which I never had seen so erratic.

All this started suddenly with the new project.

Hope that eventually some solutions will surface, otherwise, I will have live with it.

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

LAYER Palette is not the same as CLASSICLAYER command's pop-up: could this be the issue?

The former stays on (even if minimized) and constantly updates and tracks everything you do, the latter if off when you close the pop-up. Using the latter should see a performance gain over the former.

Closing the Layer Palette, not just minimizing it or leaving it open, should do the same thing.

Also set SHOWLAYERUSAGE variable to 0 (that's a zero) if it's not already, that helps a little too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost