Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Charles_Shade
273 Views, 5 Replies

Sheet Set

I'm thinking about replacing the Page number on my Callout block with a Field.

Would I be better off using the Variable CTAB for the Field or a Sheetset page number?

With the Sheetset will the Section name on another page update if the Callout/Sheetset changes?

Also trying to decide if Sheetsets would be useful to me and would like to learn about them as a matter of course anyway.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Are you using Norton 360? Did someone update your network license? Can you duplicate the issue? Try posting your drawing here...

...but seriously, the way I started to learn was by reading Sheets Happen, by Heidi Hewett. The Sheet Set handles the numbering, but you have to use Fields to set everything up. If you follow that tutorial you'll get a somewhat better understanding of both fields and the SSM. I use a field looking at the CTAB for my sheet numbers when I have all in one drawing and am using the Custom Properties tab of Drawing Properties -- that's when I am not using the SSM.

Good to see you wanting to advance your knowledge, Chuck! Flexibility is key...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 6

Fields I got. Using CTAB, Drawing date, Drawing Properties, Current Date, and others.

I think where I am hung on the SSM is that I draw everything in one File. If I understand what you are telling me I do not have "sheets" in the same manner as the SSM is considering "sheets"; which would be one sheet per file. My "sheets" are the Layouts for each page (sheet) in my drawing.

I'll look for Heidi's tome.

Message 4 of 6
Kate_LT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Sheet = Layout. It's okay to have more than one per file.

Heidi's handout and AU class recordings are definitely a good place to start. I'm working on a set of LT-specific videos, but they won't be done for a while. 🙂 (And I don't think she mentions anything that LT can't do these days.)

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 5 of 6

Chuck, you draw like I draw at work, with all in one file. I have found that for me the SSM is too cumbersome for most of what I draw, but the custom fields approach works well 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Sheet Set Manager Video Series http://bit.ly/od9Lxr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost