Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number not valid

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kmdunningaia
1021 Views, 6 Replies

Serial number not valid

I have been running AutoCAD LT2002 on a very old desktop computer and am attempting to switch to my new laptop.  I have the original CD, Serial No., and CD Key.  I have switched computers many times in the past and have had no problems installing this software on any of them.  This time, it is giving me a "serial number not valid" message and will not let me proceed with the installation.  I had some difficulty entering the number initially (the label with the s.n. was quite faded, but  I KNOW that the serial number is entered correctly now-- what do I do?

Thanks in advance on any help you can provide!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: kmdunningaia

Message 3 of 7
kmdunningaia

Hi Dean,

Thanks so much for taking the time to suggest the installation section of the board.  Unfortunately, the 2002LT version is so old that I can't find anything pertaining to its installation.  Unlike newer versions which are web-based, mine is a standalone license.

What confuses me is that I am assuming that the procedure for installing is that when I type in the s.n. and CD key, the program goes to the installation CD and to see if my input matches what is encrypted on the CD.  If it has worked repeatedly in the past, it should work now.  As I mentioned, I know for certain that I am entering the correct s.n.

Any additional help would be most appreciated.  I have two projects I need to get completed and need to transfer work to the new laptop.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

We are all end users here: the other forum is frequented by Autodesk support staff.

Software errors like these are like trains on tracks: everything is white or black, no gray areas. if the software says wrong number, you got the wrong number (picked up the wrong box?).
Message 5 of 7
kmdunningaia
in reply to: pendean

Dean, appreciate your help. I have the software still installed on my old desktop and went to it to make sure I had the correct s.n. -- they match, so I know it is correct. And there is no problem having it installed on two machines simultaneously as I have done it before as a safeguard until I knew that the new machine was running the software OK. The only other possibility is that it won't let the user enter an incorrect password more than "x" number of times in one attempt. But I would think it would say so, not continue to give me an error. Will purge all cookies, etc. and try again. Any other thoughts? Again, thanks so much for your assistance. Karen Karen McCall DunningArchitecture & Space Planning211 East 24th PlaceTulsa, OK 74114phone/fax: 918-851-5058
Message 6 of 7
ampacking

I have same problem with same product with same s.o.. I work fully offline, and I'm SURE that s.n. is correct. Is there any phone number o email to contact to solve this problem ????

I'm actually locked out work !

Message 7 of 7
pendean

You both need to post in the other forum I noted above to get help from Autodesk. You can also search the forum for phone numbers to call.
Two primary reasons for the error: you got the wrong number or someone used your number to buy an upgrade. Only Autodesk, at the other forum, can help you out.
Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost