Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Settings

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
431 Views, 10 Replies

Selection Settings

Hello everyone,

Having an issue with my selection preview automatically turning off. Would this be and issue with graphics card settings and windows controlling what is best for my computer? If so how should I configure the graphics card settings so this does not happen. Aero is off. There is also lag time with hatching and selecting a hatch until the hatch ribbon tab becomes available. There is minimal running in the back ground and have tried with nothing running other than AutoCAD and have came up with the same results. Running the certified driver from Autodesk's site for Quadro 2000. This is more of an annoyance than anything, just wanted to know if there was a solution. Thanks

Scott

AutoCAD LT 2013

Dell 1650 Workstation

3.4ghz Zeon quad core

8gb ram

Quadro 2000

Windows 7

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you mean SELECTIONPREVIEW variable turns itself off (Windows Registry setting)?
or is it HIGHLIGHT or PREVIEWEFFECT variables turn off?

Or your objects simply deselect on their own?

Are you having issue with other variables? Are you in a limited user account in Windows?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

SELECTIONPREVIEW variable reverts to <0>. I usually run set to <3>. 

HIGHLIGHT variable does not change

PREVIEWEFFECT variable does not change. 

These are the only variable that seem to change. This is happening to several people in the office. All on same software and same spec machines. As far as windows restrictions, the only restrictions we have are networking restrictions. 

Is this a drawing specific variable? I can have SELECTIONPREVIEW on <3> go into certain drawings and it reverts back to <0>.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

SELECTIONPREVIEW is a registry-saved variable, so a single drawing should not change it: are these vertical DWG files (like from ARCHITECTURE or CIVIL etc.)? Or is the problem in ALL your files and it occurs ALL the time?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

It is all our files all the time.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Is there any further insight on this?

Message 7 of 11
Charles_Shade

Do you use Custom Macro's or Scripts that have been around for a while and no one remembers all the parts and pieces that may have been added to them?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Nope, unless it is something embedded into our title blocks we use. 

Message 9 of 11
pendean

I'm not able to replicate the issue here: is this change triggered when you first open a file? After you PLOT? or EXPORT? Or PUBLISH? Is there a trigger you've been able to identify?

Is this a constant occurance? every file every day with every user?

Again, this is a Windows Registry setting triggered by an action somehwere, it's not a per-file or per-object "titleblock" setting from what I can tell trying to get it to change without actually calling the variable. It may be as simple as I'm not using a feature that you are for example.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I have not been able to find a common trigger. It seems random and can happen more than once in the same file or once a day. This is the same for all users. 

If windows is selecting the best performance for the graphics, and selection preview would be a graphic enhancement, could it be turned on or off by that? 

Message 11 of 11
pendean

I don't think Windows control of the graphics card has much to do with the variable's setting in the WIndows Registry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost