Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Xref throughout Layouts.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
AcadAdamLT
804 Views, 14 Replies

Selecting Xref throughout Layouts.

Hi,

Wondering if there is any way to select an Invalid Xref that is attached on multiple layouts and delete them at once instead of going through every single layout and deleting it manually.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Detach it in XREF command's popup Palette?

Message 3 of 15
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: pendean

You can't detach an Xref without deleting the reference first.

Xref STMP has multiple references. Not detached.

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 15
pendean

Except for nested Xrefs, that's not always true. Is that what you have, a nested XREF?

What about QSELECT, FILTER and SELECTSIMILAR commands for selecting more than one instance of an object, any object?

Message 5 of 15
AcadAdamLT

I've tried unloading and detaching but there is no way to remove the Xref without deleting the references.

Qselect and selectsimilar only work in current paper/model-space. These Xref's are attached in every single Layout I have.

Not very familiar with Filter but as it seems I doesn't work for it either.

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 6 of 15
pendean

FILTER works but many of the AutoCAD commands like ERASE do not in multi-layouts. My bad, I forgot about these limitations.

If you want to send me a private message and attachment I'd really like to experiment with why you cannot detach (assuming it's not a nested Xref as noted earlier).

Message 7 of 15
AcadAdamLT

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 8 of 15
pendean

Interesting files: you have a block in the top file with the same name as the XREF, so I could not bind it without renaming. And then it would never bind. You XREF is also a dynamic block?

Is the other XREF, STMP, also hard to detach? And is it a dynamic block too?

Message 9 of 15
AcadAdamLT

Both files are Dynamic blocks. STMP is an updated one to replace Inskrivningsfil.

The idea is all the general information for the project is controlled through the Xref "STMP" Previously "Inskrivningsfil".

The idea of having the "STMP" Dynamic is to control the layout of the STMP, for example. Right now I work for 2 different companys, to separate these in the project I simple change visibility state from within the STMP and the layout changes to whichever I choose, if I later wish to switch back I can do so without deleting any information.

I also have a block in each layout with attributes that are unique for each layout.

Both of these files cannot be detached without deleting every reference in every layout.

I didn't really understand the first part you said about renaming, works fine on my end.

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 10 of 15
pendean

I would have simply replaced the first Xref with the second Xref in the XREF Palette: without adding the second XREF.

Simply repath to the new file instead of the old, then rename the XREF.

Does that not work?

Message 11 of 15
AcadAdamLT

What I'm currently doing or just finished doing more exact is modifying Xref "STMP" to include all the necessary information from "Inskrivningsfil" so that only one Xref is needed instead of two.

But I still needed to remove "Inskrivningsfil" from every drawing so it don't confuse others.

Therefore the problem...

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 12 of 15
pendean

it's gone, as I noted above: you spent too Much time "adding" another XREF instead of just replacing it.

Message 13 of 15
AcadAdamLT

As I tried to explain, I never added any Xref, I only wanted to remove one of the existing.

But I feel we got a bit off track, the question still persists, why couldn't I detach the Xref without removing all the references?

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 14 of 15
pendean

No idea, someone else might have a suggestion with your posted files.

Message 15 of 15
AcadAdamLT

Well, I'll leave it here then ^^

Thanks for your inputs Dean

AutoCad LT 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost