Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select File dialog box

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
mrdavie
1816 Views, 29 Replies

Select File dialog box

The blue color on the left side of the dialog box is too light and makes it hard to read the white font. How can I change those colors? If they are part of the windows color theme, which element would this be?

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
pendean
in reply to: mrdavie

Do you mean the Folder quick-access sidebar in OPEN command?

Message 3 of 30
mrdavie
in reply to: pendean

Open command

Message 4 of 30
mrdavie

It is the file open dialog box. Do you have an answer for me? The light blue background makes it difficult to read the white text. How do I modify these colors?

Message 5 of 30
Charles_Shade

Is this in all Programs or just AutoCAD? If all it is a Windows setting

Message 6 of 30
mrdavie
in reply to: Charles_Shade

This dialogue box is unique to AutoCAD. When  look a Word 2010, for example, there is no color fill in its open dialog box. I just want to know where to change the settings for AutoCAD.

Message 7 of 30
Charles_Shade

Post a screenshot if you please.

From the Command Line - Options; Display tab; Colors are where to change colors in AutoCAD.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 8 of 30
mrdavie

please see attahced jpg

Message 9 of 30
pendean

I believe it's coded within AutoCAD as it is a unique feature to the program. If your graphics card allows it, you can explore setting a higher temp for the white and see if that helps.

Message 10 of 30
Charles_Shade

In Word and such on my System the bar shows as Gray and is unalterable, i.e. I cannot add folders to this.

In CAD it is White and I can add folders; so it is handled differently.

Have you tried changing Themes or other colors from the Desktop; right click Properties, Themes or Appearance?

Message 11 of 30
mrdavie

I apologize for being negative because I value your involvement with these forums over the years. However, I do not accept this solution. I cannot believe that with the expansion of control over the gui over the years that Autodesk would hardwire the color of the dialog box for opening files.

Message 12 of 30
mrdavie

Yes, I did. I changed my theme to the standard Windows theme. It affected the typical window objects but the open dialog box in AutoCAD was not affected at all.

Message 13 of 30
katani

mrdavie

This setting can be controlled only from within the Display Properties window. It is not possible to controll this from within AutoCAD.

What you need to do is go to the Display Properties window's Appearance tab and click Advanced. Go to the "Item" flyout and

choose "Inactive Title Bar". The left item color selection box controls the background color and the font color selection box the color of the font on your Places bar. 

Message 14 of 30
Charles_Shade
in reply to: katani

Message 15 of 30
katani

Well disguised isn't it? I bet nowhere documented too. I found out just trial and erroring through the settings.

Spoiler

Message 16 of 30
david.rosen

Thanks you SO much. As soon as I can stop AutoCAD from crashing when I try to start it I will follow your instructions.

Message 17 of 30
david.rosen
in reply to: david.rosen

PS. david.rosen = mrdavie but when I registered AutoCAD I could now use my old login name. I am sure there was a way but I don't have another day to figure that out.

Message 18 of 30
Prac_Slip_Kerm

I am running Acad 2012 on Win 7 x64 and Katani's solutions hasn't worked. Any Idea's on how to change the colours of the quick access panel in the select file dialog box?

Thanks In Advance

Steve

Cheers
Steve 🙂
Message 19 of 30
katani
in reply to: Prac_Slip_Kerm

I have just tried changing that setting on a machine with identical setup as yours and it did work. I now can't seem to be able to control the font color as I used to though. Now it's either black or white depending on the background color. Hmmm...

Message 20 of 30
Prac_Slip_Kerm

Thanks - Just changed Background to white and got black text - such a pain...

Found a dark grey works OK with the white text. Would be nice to be able to change text colour though 😞

Thanks again katani 🙂

Cheers
Steve 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost