Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed on used LT 2008?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bronccat
358 Views, 7 Replies

Scammed on used LT 2008?

Hi All.

I went three laptops in December (long story) and when I returned the second one my Autocad LT 2008 disk went back with it (joy).  No luck getting it back - so, I start looking for a used disk to go with my license number.

I find one on Amazon for $375 - "full commercial version with unactivated license number".

Well, I got it today and it all seems wrong.  First off - I was actually sent "Autocad 2008" (not LT) and I was like "Yay".  Then I flip it over and it looks like a burned copy (i.e. reddish, can see written area).  Then there is this note inside instructing me to use the portable license utility and email them my computer ID code and they will send me a license number.... huh?

Am I overthinking this or is it as fishy as it seems.  I haven't used the license utility in a while so I can't wrap my head around the angle here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: bronccat

Welcome to the Forums

Yep that sounds dodgy.

If you have your LT 2008 licence number you should be able to download a copy and activate it.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
pendean

Since LT2008 is no longer available from Autodesk, your choices are to find a source that still has it (doubt it will be free. You will then need to use your original LT2008 serial number etc. to authorize.

In the meantime, contact Amazon Support and ask for a refund since they sold you the wrong software (not as advertized): and wise up LOL, there is no free "yay" in software 🙂
Message 4 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: pendean

its also illegal in autodesk eyes to buy used software

you need to buy from an authorized reseller: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/searchform?id=1088201&siteID=123112

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: pendean

And when you get software on a disc, either burn a copy for a safe deposit box or other secure  physical storage, or copy the contents to a secure and backed-up network location (yes, you are allowed to do that).  In both cases, include critical information like serial number(s), contract numbers, vendor contact information, and the like.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 8
bronccat

Thanks everyone.

I should have burnd a copy - but didn't think I could (i.e. I figured it was protected).

I knew I could no longer get a "new" copy.  All of the download I have seen are pirate sites with key generators.  I have considered it though (since I have a valid key) but didn't want to DL a virus.

Re: "Yay" I thought "ok, this guy is just a clearinghouse for used software and didn't pay attention to what he had"

Anyway.  Suppose I'll return it and keep looking.

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
bronccat

I barked and dude refunded my money.  I guess I'll send his copy back LOL

Message 8 of 8
pendean

Nice 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost