Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale of Model Space

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dmris300
459 Views, 7 Replies

Scale of Model Space

I am setting the scale of model space to 1"-50' , and it works, but it keeps reverting back to 1:1. I don't want it to do that. What is causing that?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: dmris300

Which exact version and variant of AutoCAD are you using?
And where / how are you changing the 'scale of modelspace"?
Message 3 of 8
dmris300

AutoCAD LT 2013

Sincerely,

David

David M. Rosen, Architect

Tel (281) 731-8862

Email david.rosen@rsfarch.com
Message 4 of 8
pendean

and the other question?
Also, where did your file come from: it's most likely not one of yours, correct? Came from another source, right?

Answer all questions this time please.
Message 5 of 8
dmris300
in reply to: pendean

I originated the drawing. At some point survey information was referenced in from an outside source.

To set the scale to 1"=50', I was clicking on the annotation scale pulldown at the bottom right area of the screen and selecting the preffered scale. I would save the drawing, but it would keep slipping back to 1:1.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Define "outside source": if from a vertical version of AutoCAD it wants to control everything.

So does this problem occur in others files without this extra content? And if you add it does it then mess up again?
Message 7 of 8
dmris300
in reply to: pendean

We frequently insert survey cad files into drawings. They may or may not originate as native AutoCAD files. This issue has never occured in the past. If it happens again, I will post again to this thread. Unfortunately, it is difficult to devote a lot of working hours to troubleshooting CAD issues. Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 8
Bob_Zurunkle

Ummm you do know modelspace is always 1:1 right? The pulldown refers to CANNOSCALE -- it affects the way annotative objects are seen in modelspcae, but modelspace scale remains 1:1 regardless.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost