Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sata Controller Card causing activation issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lrlandusky
528 Views, 3 Replies

Sata Controller Card causing activation issues

AutoCAD 2009 LT

windows 7 Pro, 64 bit

Vantec 6 port Sata ii 150 PCI Host card w/ raid

Crucial 128gb SSD hard drive

I'm not running the system in RAID.

I'm having issues with a Sata card I installed on one machine.  It's losing a hard drive from time to time and I have to unplug the Sata cables and plug them back in so the computer will boot up and function like normal.  The only problem is that it casues an activation issue with AutoCAD.  Now I've reached the reactivation limit for CAD.

Any ideas what to do?  Can I manually enter something into the registry to correct the activation issue?

All drivers are up to date and I've reinstalled the driver for the controller card.

Thanks!

Lance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: lrlandusky

try this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=5620053&linkID=9240818

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
lrlandusky
in reply to: DarrenP

Is this hotfix not already included in the update 3?  I double checked the updates and CAD is "up to date" when I tried to install the update 3 (again apparently).  I see this hotfix listed under the update 3.  I'll give it a shot later today anyway - I was able to get an activation code from AutoCAD for now.  So until I turn off the machine, I'll be in good shape.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: lrlandusky

i doubt it because of this warning

If this update is applied to a computer that does not have a SATA Raid controller, the license on that computer will be broken. You will need to reactivate the product to repair the license.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost