Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SET Q Autocad LT

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
450 Views, 8 Replies

SET Q Autocad LT

Im trying out Autocad LT after many years of using Autocad. I want to define what I can and cannot do. One item I'm trying to convert to LT is to insert a block into a drawing, have it come in on the right layer and the right scale and allow for user input of rotation. I've done that, works great. What I'd like to add is this:

If I'm on layer x, and the macro inserts the new symbol on layer y, return after to the previous layer x without user input. I was able to do this in Autocad using (SETQ LAYR (GETVAR "CLAYER")) and then returning to the layer with -LAYER;S;!LAYR;;

Is there a work around for LT?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no LISP in LT. Part of the huge discount pricing.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes I know. However there is sometimes a work around with Deisel and I'm hoping someone here might know.

Fingers crossed, it's handy for some blocks to stay on the current layer.

Message 4 of 9
cadman70454

^C^C_change \ properties la psdim

I don't know if this will help but here is a macro that I put on a template button that changes an object to a layer called psdim with a single pick.  If you have lots of layers, it would take lots of buttons.

Lowell

Message 5 of 9
pendean

In LT, your macro would insert the block on your active layer then it would use CHPROP command to change it's layer to something else. Another method/approach worth trying.

Need help writing that? You appear to know your way around macro writing.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I can do it with full Autocad, however not in AcadLT. Any help sorting this out would be appreciated.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

Quick pass at it but you have to change the relevant info:
^C^C_-insert;MYBLOCK;\;;;_CHPROP;_Last;;_LAyer;NEWLAYERNAME;;
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

When I first looked at this I thought, "This isn't what I want at all." Than I looked again...and realized this is exactly what I want and why the heck I didnt think of this. So simple.

That fixes the last issue I had with transitioning my menu's to LT. Thank you very much.

Message 9 of 9
pendean

Anytime.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost