Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate entire floor plan 180 degrees

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2350 Views, 7 Replies

Rotate entire floor plan 180 degrees

After I have rotated an entire floor plan drawing 180 degrees, the texts and room names have also been rotated upside down.

What is the solution to the problem so that the texts/room names will not be upside down after I rotated the drawing 180 degrees? I have attached a sample floor plan to illustrate the problem. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You probably should have used MIRROR command, not ROTATE, twice to get what you wanted: assuming the MIRRTEXT variable was turned off before you did that (also explore MIRRHATCH variable in HELP if you are on a current LT version). blocks with text, not attributes, will not behave the same and you will be required to flip them back individually.

Message 3 of 8
Charles_Shade

MIRROR twice

ROTATE not

Perhaps?

Message 4 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Great minds think alike 🙂

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you all!

How about if I rotate the floor plan 90 degrees, how do I keep the texts at the horizontal position?

Message 6 of 8
heinsite

Here's what I would do with your original situation:

Use QSELECT to select all the text.

Open the properties palette... all the text will likely have a rotation of 180.

Edit the rotation value so all the text is 0 degrees.

While the text is still selected, left click grab one of them and move the entire lot so they're all recentered as you like them.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 7 of 8
pendean

One more time: ROTATE command is the wrong tool if you want to keep the text readable. But the suggestion above, assuming your text does not move as a result of the rotation, is the other fix if you fear all the other sugestions and can only use ROTATE command 🙂

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

I thought the same thing as well! Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost