Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular Array Item Count?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
petestrycharske
5082 Views, 5 Replies

Rectangular Array Item Count?

All,

I was working in AutoCAD LT and wanted to report on the number of items in a rectangular array, but cannot seem to find such a variable.  In the polar and path arrays there is an object count, but don't seem to be able to find the same field for the rect. array.  There must be some field for it, because when I shift over to standard AutoCAD I can get the information from the Data Extraction tool.  Is anyone aware of a way to access this information?  If you need additional details, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day and Christmas!

Peace,

Pete

ps. I am using AutoCAD LT 2013...

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: petestrycharske

In regular autocad, dataextraction doesn't even seem to notice arrays.  It just tabulates their contents.

In regular autocad, you can use an object field for the array to report the columns and another to report the rows.  You could use mtext to report both in a sentence.

If LT supports fields this should work.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 6
petestrycharske
in reply to: dbroad

dbroad, thanks for the response.  The Data Extraction does exactly what I want it  to do, which is to tabulate the number of items in the array.  I tested this by creating a base array of rectangles, 3 rows and 4 columns.  After working through the tool and then producing a table as a result, I got the column "Count", with showed 12.  This is what I want, so I know that this data came from somewhere.  If you look at the step after choosing the attributes you wish to display, in the Data Extraction, I believe there is a check box that allows you to add the Count column, if you wish.

I could also create a table that multiplies the rows and columns, but it seems like there should be an array attribute that reports the count (like the Path and Polar arrays).  Just wish I could get a hold of that count somehow...

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 6

LT does support the use of fields.  Is there a way to perform calculations with fields without having to use a table?

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: petestrycharske

You need full AutoCAD to do the math unless you want to customize with a DIESEL macro after every creation of a field expression.

FIELD command gives you the code for each of the two entries (columns and rows), and DIESEL has a $(+, val1, val2) addition function. Its a tedious process to create once for an array.

Message 6 of 6
petestrycharske
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

I appreciate the suggestion.  I am not sure how comfortable the current client will be at programming macros, so I think I will just have them explode the array when they are satisfied and perform a select similar.  Otherwise, they can always just multiply the rows and columns with a calculator.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost