Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Image Alignment in Output pdf file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jpmerron
350 Views, 2 Replies

Raster Image Alignment in Output pdf file

I am using a tiff file as a Raster Image Reference while drawing over it in AutoCad LT for mac. The raster file is 8200 x 5700.  If I examine the autocad drawing by zooming in closely the alignment is perfect. However, when I create an A0 pdf file of the drawing there is an alignment error between the raster image and the vector drawing on the x axis. The y axis alignment is perfect.

I believe it is a scaling error since there is no visible alignment error on the left hand side of the drawing and the error increases across the drawing to the right hand side. The error is small, about 0.2% but it is clearly visible in the pdf file.

To illustrate the problem I have put a test mark on the top right hand corner of the drawing outline and the attached file shows this portion of the drawing in autocad on the left and in the pdf file on the right.

I have tried different drivers and plot settings but the error is always there.

Any ideas for solving this problem would be greatly appreciated

Best Regards

John

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jpmerron

Can you share the DWG file where the 'shift' occurs?
Your LT for MAC version? And the PDF driver you are aiming for?

BTW, there is a dedicated MAC forum http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520 , most users here are Windows based.
Message 3 of 3
jpmerron
in reply to: jpmerron

pendean

I am using Autocad LT 2013 and a HP T520 driver to produce the pdf files, though I have tried other drivers with the same results. The pdf paper size is A0.

For those interested I have attached the Autocad file  - (the raster image and the pdf file are too large to attach). 

Many thanks

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost