Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVCLOUD is finishing as concave

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jrintisch
1333 Views, 10 Replies

REVCLOUD is finishing as concave

Hello,

About 40% of the time, the REVCLOUD command will finish the cloud as concave. It will start correctly and be correct the entire time I am surrounding an area on my drawing and then when the last arc joins the starting point the entire cloud become inverted. Why? Is there something I can do to make it not do this? I don't seem to have any control over how it finishes. When it completes backwards, I fix it using PEDIT > Decurve then I convert the Polyline into a cloud and it appears correctly. Is there a better way?

Jeremy

Cloud.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: jrintisch

It's best to go left to right, not right to left, when drawing clouds, to avoid your issue.

It's even better if you just convert a RECTANG to a cloud using the same command REVCLOUD.

Message 3 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Nice tip on the RECTANG.

Will get better clouds that way. (Mine always look like puppies.)

Message 4 of 11
jrintisch

Here is our typical cloud. Yes, we can use the PLINE and then convert, but that is two steps. I was just curious if I was missing something. I guess not. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Oh, and I go counter-clockwise... I think that is Right-to-Left, unless you start at the bottom of the cloud, then it is Left-to-Right. You mean clock-wise don't you.

Jeremy

Cloud.JPG

Message 5 of 11
pendean

I can go left to right all day and never trigger a flip as you describe it, but I can do it going right to left about 50% of the time as you describe. It's all in how you approach your start/end point it seems.

There is no variable to fix it, it just takes a lot of practice and single direction movement for us here.

Automation takes care of multiple-command selections: try a simple macro if needed.

Message 6 of 11
jrintisch

With the macro idea, how do you do that when you have anywhere from 3 points (triangle) to dozens. I tried this in the past but couldn't make it work. Please share you expertise.

The code below works for 3 points, but what about more? Is there a way to suppress the counts that AutoCAD makes when entering the points?

^C^CPLINE non \non \non \;_REVCLOUD;object;last;no;

PLINE.JPG

Message 7 of 11
pendean

Your macro would only be for REVCLOUD command's conversion option.

Message 8 of 11
jrintisch

I am so used to making a cloud counter-clock wise that it is hard to make a cloud in the clockwise direction. But your post intriged me and I found that if I start at the bottom of the cloud instead of the top, I don't have any inverted cloud issues. Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

Message 9 of 11
pendean

Thanks for sharing your discovery too.

Message 10 of 11
VeronicaSmith5891

This is so much easier!  I have to rev cloud single lines of text and I am always doing a bad job of it.  Changing the rectangle to a revcloud is so simple.  Thanks so much for this tip.

Message 11 of 11
hwalker
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

Nice tip on the RECTANG.

Will get better clouds that way. (Mine always look like puppies.)

I want to see your puppies 😄

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost