AutoCAD LT General

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 11 of 12 (265 Views)

Re: Quick way to rename layout tabs?

10-22-2012 05:45 AM in reply to: steven-g

There is a fair amount of "arm waiving" advise being dished out around here, and while some new members may be able to figure it out eventually on their own, we 'regular' contributors should do less of that and be more deliberate and focused with out contributions. No one's perfect, I do the shortcut answer too sometimes, but you got to try and assume anyone seeking help is not sure how to proceed.

>>>... It actually took me just under 2 minutes to complete the script for 201 tabs, I use excel to automate scripts regularly,...<<<

More arm-waving answers do no one any good.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Mentor
Message 12 of 12 (258 Views)

Re: Quick way to rename layout tabs?

10-22-2012 06:26 AM in reply to: pendean

OK I understand what you mean, but how far should you take it, as I suggested I tend to look at this as offering people a direction to look into, there are too many people on forums saying 'do this for me' who are incapable of doing anything without full blown tuorials on how to draw a yellow line, and tommorrow they come back and ask what if I need it to be red. The OP in this case picked up on the layout command and will use it as they see fit, with or without the script. Which I would say is a good result. And what you call 'arm waiving' I prefer to think of as dropping subtle hints to people who are genuinely looking to learn, ---Here is more arm waiving--- :smileyvery-happy: I could have posted a fully working excel spread sheet that would allow the OP to automate the process as I indicated, but that is how I would do the same job myself and is probably something the OP wouldn't even look at. And if anyone picks up on it and wishes the discussion to go in that direction then so be it.

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community