Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish problem - need color output

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
7776 Views, 10 Replies

Publish problem - need color output

I have a logo that won't stay in color when I publish to PDF.

I can plot using Adobe PDF Converter (normal plot routine) and have it show up in color.  But that's one sheet at a time.

I can publish using "plotter named in page setup" and it will show up in color, but the point is to publish to one PDF file, not 20 separate files.  I make sure the publish options have multi-sheet file selected... output is still separate files.

Each time I publish to one multi-sheet PDF file, the logo prints in black.

I've looked at ACAD settings and PDF settings.  I can't figure it out.

AutoCad LT 2011

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using the Adobe to Publish the multi sheet or DWG to PDF?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

DWG to PDF when using Publish

Adobe for regular plots

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Your post is all over the place.

1. To output one PDF with multiple sheets, you need to either select the PDF output option in PUBLISH, not "plotter named in page setup", or try setting PUBLISHCOLLATE to 1 (former tip always works and won't mess up other PUBLISH projects like the latter tip).

2. To plot or publish in color, you either have to have a correctly set Plot Style Table or use no plot style table (if the logo is made of autocad entities). If it comes out differently, another plot style table is used. If the logo is a raster image, AutoCAD simply prints at as is, whether you PUBLISH or PLOT. So which is it?
Message 5 of 11
Charles_Shade

DWG to PDF is set with a Plot Style Table that is either None or something that is all Black

You would need to go in and change the Plotstyle for DWG to PDF so that the layers that your Logo is on prints to Color and not black.

I hope.

This could be a bit of a late Friday SWAG but you get the idea.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

The logo is an OLE object, one that I copy/pasted in from the client's letterhead.  It's not anything I created in acad.

Said logo will plot in color, but it won't publish in color. But It's all using the same plot style table.  I made sure DWG to PDF is using same table as Adobe PDF.

I uploaded screen shots, don't know if that will help or not.

I CAN get the logo to publish in color, but only when I select "plotter named in page setup".  Only problem is that the end result is all sheets are separate PDF files instead of one PDF file.  May as well just plot each sheet one at a time.

I have looked at the Adobe PDF settings (in control panel: devices and printers) to see if it's being forced to black, but the default is set to color.

I'm sorry if I'm all over the place.  I don't typically have CAD problems that I can't figure out on my own.  This is my first time to post on the forum.

Message 7 of 11
pendean

You write "adobe", but the built-in driver is DWG TO PDF.PC3: is that the one you are reviewing? It's accessed through PLOTTERMANAGER command while inside AutoCAD.

Is the object type in the properties of the OLE object from "monochrome (spreadsheet)"? Change it to " high graphics (photo)" and see if that cures it.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have Adobe Pro on my pc, so when I say Adobe PDF that's my way of differentiating between the actual Adobe printer and the acad DWG to PDF driver.

PUBLISH uses the autocad DWG to PDF driver, correct?  Is there a setting with this .pc3 file that will affect color output on an OLE object?

The OLE object is set to high graphics (photo) but that didn't fix the problem.

Message 9 of 11
Charles_Shade

Have you tried setting the Publish to: to Adobe and then opening the Publish Options... and changing to Multi-Sheet?

I just tried that here with another built in PDF driver that I have and CAD printed single sheets. This may not be an option with CAD to multi-sheet a third party driver.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Yes... it was already set for multi-sheet option. No luck there.

Have started manipulating image instead.  I can get the logo to appear in color with publish command by copy/paste logo image from Word into Paint, save as any of the image files... jpg, bmp, tiff, png.... insert image into acad file... publish using Adobe with multisheet option.  Boom... I get what I want (multisheet PDF file with color logo)....  but I've lost the resolution of the logo.  It's very grainy.  grrrr.

As of now, I can only get a clean, crisp logo when I copy/past directly from Word into acad. And even then, it's only crisp when printed in black.  

I'm no pro when it comes to manipulating images so there may be a step I'm leaving out... or one I haven't tried yet.

I hate giving up on this, but it's becoming a time-killer.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 11
pendean

Ah ha! You're only source for the logo is an image in MSWORD? And you cannot ask the logo creator for a raster image? The reason it's fuzzy is because of all that copy /paste degradation to create your own logo.

You are risking a lot with your roundabout way of logo referencing in a DWG file IMJO. Get the real logo raster file, centrally locate it for safe keeping.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost