Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish drawings to overwrite existing Pdf drawings!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
shane
1552 Views, 5 Replies

Publish drawings to overwrite existing Pdf drawings!

Every now and then I go back and try to use publish to speed up printing but I always go back to plotting one by one.

I work in a housing construction office and I have 10 separate drawings side by side in model space for house plans that I need plot separate to give to certain people. My problem isn't that I can't publish them separately its that I can't save them over existing pdf's individually predetermined. 

Q1. do i just have to go through and change every layout name before or after i publish?

Q2. how do i change the output publish location?

Q3. can each layout be saved to a different existing pdf and remember it?

Q3. can i save these setting across to a new drawing?

any guidence or link to a tutorial will be much appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: shane

You should be queried as all standard Windows based File saving operations do whether or not you want to overwrite the file.

1. Each Layout currently has its own name correct?

2. In the Publish window click on the Publich Options button. Some things to explore there.

3. Yes, this should happen by default. REMEMBERFOLDERS should be set to 1 though I am not sure it applies here.

4. One word: Template. When you have the drawing set as you wish SaveAs a DWT.

Message 3 of 6
shane
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks buddy!

If im gonna set up a template i better set up a better system for my title blocks, I have picked up some bad habits from the last draftsmen i took over from. When i was first taught autocad i remember that you could change the text for all drawings at once like the date and house type, but need to change it individually for drawing types, does this sound familiar?

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Depending on your Version either thru Fields or using Viewports in the Layout you can achieve this.

What version are you on and has it been a while since you used LT?

Message 5 of 6
shane
in reply to: Charles_Shade

i have 2014 LT, been using LT for a couple years now and just always do what i always did, I've been busier than ever this year and looking for ways to save time!

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

Good, AutoCAD is about saving time and increasing design output.

Have the suggestions helped or do you need more info?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost