Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Information error when loading some documents

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ACHPMC
4207 Views, 5 Replies

Proxy Information error when loading some documents

Hello,

We just moved the Autocad LT installation for one of our users to a new computer and now when opening certain documents, we get the below error. The error didn't originally occur on the old machine, but after re-installing it on that machine, we get it there too. Is there a way to clear the error or find out which plugin we are missing? We have tried installing the plugins on the autodesk website, but weren't able to fix the error.

System information:

Autocad LT 2011

New machine OS: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Old machine OS: Windows XP (32-bit)

Error message:

Proxy Information

The drawing you have opened or referenced contains custom object created by an unavailable ObjcectARX application. You do not need the original application to display proxy representations of objects that were saved in the drawing. However, many manufacturers, including Autodesk, provide object enablers that also allow you to edit these custom objects.

Visit the AutoCad LT Object Enabler Assistant web page to locate Autodesk object enablers or contact the software publisher about object enablers for other applications.

Note: If your computer has internet access, verify that Check Web for Live Enablers is selected in the Options dialog box on the System tab to have AutoCAD LT automatically search for the Live Enabler website for the appropriate object enabler.

Missing Application: CAPxCAPDesignerDBX
Total number of Proxies: 230
Number of objects (no graphics): 230
Number of entities with no graphics: 0
Number of entities with bounding box graphics:0
Number of entities with real graphics metafile:0

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ACHPMC
in reply to: ACHPMC

Sorry the autocad version should be AutocadLT 2010

Message 3 of 6
pendean

That's not an error, that's an information message: learn the difference by reading it carefully and try to digest it's information. Not every pop-up is an error in any program or Operating System.

Unless your LT2010 is unusually different, there is a simply box or option on that pop-up to IGNORE the message in the future, exactly what someone did on the old PC way back when it was used.

Also set PROXYSHOW and PROXYGRAPHICS variables to 1 (turned on), and turn off PROXYNOTICE variable off. Explore all three in LT's HELP.

If you want to prompt back for any reason, OPTIONS command>SYSTEM Tab>Hidden Messages Settings button can do that.

Message 4 of 6
ACHPMC

Thanks.

There wasn't a hide message option, but I was able to disable it by setting PROXYNOTICE to 0

Message 5 of 6
Jag-

Thanks, I just switched from LT 2011 to 2012 and was having the same issue. it was driving me nuts.

Message 6 of 6
yobryan1
in reply to: pendean

Thanks    I just upgraded Windows to 8.1 and moved AutoCAD LT to a larger hard disk. It was giving me the proxy message on all drawings. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost