Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt for Rotation - Losing this setting in Tool Palettes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andrewprd
572 Views, 2 Replies

Prompt for Rotation - Losing this setting in Tool Palettes

Can anyone help please?

AutoCAD LT 2010

I seem to be losing my YES setting when using 'Prompt for Rotation' under properties when right clicking the block icon in Tool Palettes. The rotation option works fine for few days but a week or so later most of the YES setttings go back to the default setting 'NO'.

The problem is nothing to do with the way I insert the block. I do not drag and drop. Like I said rotation option works for a while then when I come to use blocks I know I have set this way a week or two earlier I seem to have lost the option to rotate. This seems to be a problem that should not be possible. I have said to myself the software either works or it doesn't.

I have hundreds of simple blocks all need the rotation option when inserting and I seem to be spending more and more time re-setting this option.

I have three questions:

1. Does the above happen to anyone else? and if so is there an answer?

2. I use dynamic blocks and I know I can include a rotation option. I haven't got the time to convert all my blocks to dynamic blocks. Is there setting that will allow a rotation option like explode?

3. Is there a way to modify all my blocks in one go to have rotation? 

( 4 questions!!! I can't count!!!)

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Charles_Shade
in reply to: andrewprd

Are you running a Registry Cleaner by chance?

Updating the block to the Palette but not checking the Rotation prompt?

Are you also loosing Layer or any other setting in the Palette Block Properties?

Message 3 of 3
andrewprd
in reply to: andrewprd

Hi Charles,

Are you running a Registry Cleaner by chance? No

Updating the block to the Palette but not checking the Rotation prompt? No

Are you also loosing Layer or any other setting in the Palette Block Properties? Not that I have noticed

I have just discovered that I can change a load of block properties by holding down the Shift key and then editing the properties. Don't know why I haven't tried doing this. After 15years with AutoCAD still learning !!!! Will see if the Prompt for Rotation setting disappears after setting everything to Yes.

Many thanks,

AndrewPRD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost