Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with dimensions changing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
slayer5608
422 Views, 4 Replies

Problems with dimensions changing

Hello, I am currently updating company drawings from one template to another. I am using the copy and paste method. What I am noticing is that when I copy the part and the dimension from the origninal drawing ( all in 3 place dimensioning) to the new template Autocad is changing the dimensions to 4 place dimensions. First question is why is this happening and second question is can it be stopped? Thank you to everyone in advanced that takes the time to read and respond.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: slayer5608

Click on 'Format'

Click on 'Units'

Change the precision there to 0.000 at the moment it is on 0.0000

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
sthompson1021

Hi, are you talking about the precision of the measurement? If so you can change the dimstyle to show 3 places rather than 4.

Message 4 of 5
slayer5608
in reply to: hwalker

So am I correct in the thought that when you copy and paste autocad will force the dimension precision to what ever the new locations default is?

Message 5 of 5
sthompson1021

Yes and no. In this case if the dimstyle in the new drawing has the same name as the old drawing, it will use the setting of the new drawing. If the new drawing does not have the same dimstyle it will import the dimstyle from the old drawing 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost